Saturday, November 3, 2012

Communication

Anyone who can hold a conversation with me and arouse my intellect gets an A in my book! Communication in every aspect of your life is a necessity. The type I am discussing is the lack of communication when it comes to dating. Lack of communication has got to be the most irritating thing to me when it comes to dealing with a new or current perspective in my life. Now when I say "prospective", I mean the man or woman to whom you are pursuing or are newly involved with. I've always said and also stressed the fact that without communication, there is nothing. The reason I feel this way is because I am the type of person who loses interest fast. You have to be able to intrigue me and be able to communicate with me and so on. For some reason, it seems as if once the "courting" faze slows down and you take things to the next level,some people at this stage start getting lazy and comfortable with the situation and forget what it takes to keep things at a momentum. Maybe I've been dealing with the wrong kind of people seeing as I'm writing about this, but this is such an important point and topic to me. But anyhow, let me dig a little deeper so y'all can clearly view my point. Communication is so much more than just than spoken words. It is physical and emotional as well. You have to be able to transfer your emotions and thoughts and also be able to absorb your prospective's thoughts and emotions. The art of listening is probably even more important than the art of talking. It can go a long way if you would sit down and listen to your prospective, instead of talking and voicing all of your opinions at once. Don't get me wrong; it is very important that you do voice your opinions. But you must listen to THEIR opinions as well, and take them into consideration. I feel doing this with your prospective is necessary if you want things to go any further or to stay content. Take for instance texting, we all do it, it's a quick and easy way to stay in communication with the people in your life. For example, if it is one thing that kind of ticks me off is when I text my prospective and I don't get a response in a "timely manner". I mean at least confirm that you saw the message. I also know that there are certain circumstances where you are not able to access your phone as well, but you have to show me some effort. I might sound crazy, but that ish irritates me. It almost feels like I'm being thrown shade. I don't have time! Something as simple as a text or phone call or a great conversation on a daily basis can really go a long way in my opinion. Personally,the lack of communication can show the lack of interest in me and I start questioning the situation which entails the loss interest. What is the point of putting yourself out there when the effort you are clearly showing and giving is not reciprocated back? But to each its own. What I view may not be understood or how you feel. But this is my point of view on this topic. 

1 comment:

  1. Communication is key i agree... many people dunno the key it holds to unlock doors

    ReplyDelete