Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The story after the storm...

I thought I was going to loose my mind with no power in my house all those days! Yay, I'm back though, like I never left AKAYYY! Anyways, so little Ol' me was on Twitter today and happened to stubble upon some ignorant words some baboo...I mean young man had said about African women and I was actually offended! I NEVER get offended by the sh*t I see on Twitter.... *devilish smirk* Okay, okay, y'all know I always have to out my two cents into certain situations. But anyhow, those words that man was saying about African woman should have been alarming to me, but unfortunately it wasn't. For some reason these African men either living in the U.S or abroad have a sick infatuation with the slander of their own women. This epidemic is so crazy to me because you would think some African men would have the back of their women seeing as Akata (African American) men are always slandering black women. If I'm not mistaken, those same women that are so horrible and deserve nothing but the worse have the same African blood coursing in their veins as their own Mother, sisters, cousins, etc. Can you say those same vulgar words to their faces as well? A couple weeks ago I had posted on my Twitter how I do not want any men from East Africa. My post may have been seen as me generalizing all of the East African men, just as that man had done today with African women. Yes, it may seem hypocritical for me to be arguing with the words this man said, seeing as I did the same thing he did, but I would like to clarify my statement. I may go back and forth with my love/hate for East African men, but in all actuality, I do not slander those men. I may have my dislike for certain qualities that they contain, but how can I truly slander them when the men in my family are those said men as well. Judge me if you want, I'm probably not even going to care, but to each it's own like I always say. Back to the topic at hand. Some woman/women must have hurt that young man for him to be going off like that! I've always said that whatever you post to Twitter is your own opinion and no one else's opinion should matter because in fact it is YOUR Twitter. But for some reason, it has been the new thing to post slander or outlandish words to get attention for more followers or RT count. C'mon with all that man, it's never that serious. To me, Twitter is not real life until you bring real life situations into the mix that deals with my personal life, that is when I go off. Other than that, it's my little leisure time I use when I am bored. My little PSA I would like to address with this post would be the same as any post I create that has to deal with slander. Your opinions will always be null & void if you have ever dealt with the said topic you are slandering. You look stupid and dumb boo boo, and it's not cute. As always, you can take what I say as advice or with a grain of salt, but seriously, this epidemic of hating on your own people has got to end someday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment